Monday 31 August 2009

I know what my game is about

Okay, I now know what my game is about - heliocentrism (the theory that the Sun (or Star) and not the Earth is at the centre of the Univers). Nicolaus Copernicus' book De revolutionibus was the great divider in the Catholic Church, and curiously the telescope and the divider are the very tools you would use to prove heliocentrism - as such I'm actually using divider as double ingredients.

I'm dropping Fleur-de-lis as an ingredient. I just cannot work it into the concept, and I don't think I would want to, but Intrigue (and Seabirds) will be very much part of the game.

Unfortunately this sets my game somewhere between March 1616 (when the church banned the book) and the 1835 (when the church accepted that perhaps the Earth wasnt the centre of the Universe) - probably sometime in the 1630s - so I've already lost out on the 'The Sorensen-Nixon Class of 2001 Memorial Award'. I'm also giving up on the 'The Lombardi Trophy' - no athletics here.

No comments:

Post a Comment